KIU set to graduate 2415 students this Saturday


By Nathan Mboowa
More than 2415 students are set to graduate on the 18th of Nov 2017 at Kampala International University KIU with the number of male students superseding that of their female counterparts.

39% of those who are graduating are females and 61% are males,  4% of the total number are post graduate, 65% will be attaining a bachelors degree while 31% will attain certificates and deplomas.

Speaking to the media this afternoon, the vice chancellor Kampala International University  Mohammad Mpezamihigo  said that the extension of the bussary scheme to different parts of the country has helped  a number of Ugandans and international students to  join the University compared to previous years.
About 80% of the students graduating are Ugandans and 20% are international students.

Among the graduates 32% attained a first class of which 22% are females while 78% are males.

The vice chancellor further explained that kiu has now put much emphasis in the science programs which has led to increase of those who took up science courses which number stand at 25%.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.