Kony war victims resolve to drag gov’t to court

Kony war victims in Arua have resolved to proceed with the court process after expiry of 45 day ultimatum issued to the attorney general. The victims numbering over 1000 during their meeting at Onduparaka trading centre on Friday said they had been patient for too long. “We are confident without fear or favour, we are going to court and when court process starts, we shall not vote for any NRM candidate because they think we are dead people who can’t vote, let us wait for the next government after elections that will think about us”, Mr Alex Mantua, the chairman of the victim’s association in Arua said.

Kony war victims resolve to drag gov’t to court

Matua said the government deliberately kept quiet about their plight yet she had compensated war claimants from other parts of the country.

“Government is aware that she has not compensated her people of West Nile, that is why whenever the president comes here in Arua, he talks about this thing openly, he even directed the list to be compiled and sent to him but there are some people in his office who hide these documents and don’t give them to him, the president is willing to pay us but how do we reach him”, he asked.