By Our Reporters
Rajiv Ruparelia has exhibited impressive performance during day one of Mbarara Rally.
In a Volkswagen Proto, Ruparelia and Enock Olinga posted the fasted times on the opening day of the season, winning two of the three Super Special Stages.
The National Rally Championship rookie covered the three stages in a total time 13 minutes, 17 seconds and 74 microseconds.
Former champion Ponsiano Lwakataka came second, 13 seconds behind Rajiv and Duncan Mubiru completed the top three and was 38 seconds behind day one leader.
Ronald Sebuguzi and Omar Mayanja completed the opening day’s top five.
Day One Top 5 Mbarara Rally Winners.
1. Rajiv Rupariela / Enoch Olinga 13:17.74
2. Ponsiano Lwakataka / Paul Musaazi 13:31.04
3. Duncan Mubiru / Musa Nsubuga 13:55.86
4. Ronald Sebuguzi / Anthony Mugamba 13:56.24
5. Omar Mayanja / Hussein Mukuye 14:23.84